Although the company’s main area of business is the reduction of fire damage and through that a lessening of environmental damage, we are not content to rest on our laurels. Therefore, we have implemented a policy to reduce our carbon footprint as much as is reasonably possible.
- Where it is both reasonable and practicable to do so, we will use public transport;
- We will regularly review our IT equipment to ensure that it is as environmentally friendly as possible, while still giving us the required performance;
- Our electricity supplies will be generated by a company with a high level of green generation;
- We will use recycled paper as much as possible;
- The vehicles used by our staff will be as environmentally friendly as possible while maintaining the functionality for the actual use;
- We recognise that just doing that may not be sufficient, therefore each and every year that the company makes a net profit, a minimum of 5% of our profits will be donated to a suitable charity to off-set our carbon footprint.
As part of our policy of being sustainable we have replaced one older printer with a newer more efficient one and replaced an old CRT computer screen with a flat panel monitor, thus slightly reducing our energy consumption.